Well this is relatively easy to do with a DVD or live cd of linux. The problem was that I can not turn off my pc server as I am now and I can not afford to reboot, so I had to devise how to make folders on a hard drive that formateare for a favor because I had windows xp and damage the system leaving operational information inaccessible to the disc with usb Permeti I copied this directly from My Documents folder to local disk access is denied because, thanks to the kindness of linux this could be done without problems starting in linux, so I install ubuntu 8.0.4.1 distribution in a virtual machine.
now only remained to put the usb disk and ubuntu will detect it, so all very well, but to share files between virtual machine and ubuntu on the windows vista was not so simple, but the solution if it is.
First you must configure the virtual machine that uses the Bridged Ethernet mode, which means bridge mode use the same host internet connection, once on the Internet go to package manager and I installed Samba, once installed, is almost finished.
Press Alt + F2 to run nautilus in root mode, so:
gksu nautilus
Once there go to the folder you want to share in this If the My Documents folder on the hard usb:
Right click -> Properties -> Share
Alli select:
Share this folder
Guest Access
Then the button:
Create
sharing Then go to windows vista and windows explorer going to Red, and began to find the local teams when I find the team of our virtual machine, this name is configured when installing ubuntu, we give you double click and we will ask user name and password, just write in guest user (guest ) and leave the password blank:
: guest
Password: OK and ready, we're inside. In this way you can share any folder on linux to windows, to function like real machines. To do this from linux and enter the Windows folder is another ride, I think you had written a post earlier in 2007.
0 comments:
Post a Comment